The North Vancouver Community Arts Council is seeking artists for a themed exhibition called “Sans Brush”.
Sep 28th – Oct 20th 2012, at CityScape Community Art Space
This exhibition will celebrate the unconventional process of creating paintings without using a brush. The show intends to explore how alternative tools affect the various elements of a painting such as texture, colour and perspective and to ignite a technical curiosity. We welcome diverse methods such as palette knife, squeezing, dripping, etc. in any style and subject matter.
Submission must include:
• Up to 8 printed photos or digital images (including image of frame if applicable) on disk or USB of completed available artwork, labeled with title, size and medium.
• A list of work including thumbnail images of work, title, size, medium and price.
• All paintings must be on canvas or board, framed or with finished sides.
• A CV, BIO and brief artist statement that describes your painting process and/or methodology.
• A jury fee of $10 for members and $15 for non-members.
• Include your name, mailing address, phone number, and email address.
• A SASE if you would like your submission returned by post.
Deadline for submission: Saturday, July 28th 2012 at 4pm
You do NOT have to be a resident of North Vancouver or a member of the Arts Council to submit or exhibit for this exhibition. Emailed submissions will not be accepted.