The North Vancouver Community Arts Council is seeking artists for a themed exhibition called “Sans Brush”.
Sep 28th – Oct 20th 2012, at CityScape Community Art Space
This exhibition will celebrate the unconventional process of creating paintings without using a brush. The show intends to explore how alternative tools affect the various elements of a painting such as texture, colour and perspective and to ignite a technical curiosity. We welcome diverse methods such as palette knife, squeezing, dripping, etc. in any style and subject matter.
Submission must include:
• Up to 8 printed photos or digital images (including image of frame if applicable) on disk or USB of completed available artwork, labeled with title, size and medium.
• A list of work including thumbnail images of work, title, size, medium and price.
• All paintings must be on canvas or board, framed or with finished sides.
• A CV, BIO and brief artist statement that describes your painting process and/or methodology.
• A jury fee of $10 for members and $15 for non-members.
• Include your name, mailing address, phone number, and email address.
• A SASE if you would like your submission returned by post.
Deadline for submission: Saturday, July 28th 2012 at 4pm
You do NOT have to be a resident of North Vancouver or a member of the Arts Council to submit or exhibit for this exhibition. Emailed submissions will not be accepted.
CityScape Community Art Space
North Vancouver Community Arts Council
335 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver, BC V7M 2G3
604.988.6844 email@example.com www.nvartscouncil.ca